Just some tips to help you on your journey towards better health.
1. There is no one diet that is the best or will work the best for everyone.
Everyone is different and their body chemistry is different. Use your own body as your guide and let your results tell you whether or not you’re doing what’s best for you. Always pay attention to what your body tells you, NOT what somebody else is doing.
2. The best way to measure your fat loss is by using a mirror!
The scale is just a number. Seriously if the scale is your #1 concern, move to the moon, the effects of gravity are different. How you look and feel is always more important than numbers. Body measurements and taking pictures are also a good way to track progress, but if you look good then you look good and it doesn’t matter what the scale says.
3. Omega 3’s are your friend.
Salmon, flaxseeds, walnuts and fish oil are a good part of your daily meal plans. The difference with and without them is incredible!
4. You can't out exercise bad nutrition.
Your workouts are 20-30% of the fat loss equation and nutrition is 70-80%. If you’re exercising regularly and not seeing fat loss results, you must make an adjustment to your nutrition.
5. Cheat days or an off day here and there are a good addition to the fat loss equation.
Take one day out of the week and eat whatever you like without going overboard. Not only will it give you a metabolism boost but it is a great mental break. The mental break is probably more important that the physical break this will give you as you don't go crazy on restricting yourself. But remember, don't go overboard.
6. Stop eating processed crap. Stick with the basics.
Fill your day with natural proteins, fruits, vegetables, raw nuts and healthy fats.
7. Fat loss is not only about what you eat and how you train but also about the thoughts you have each day.
Positive thoughts breed positive behavior and positive results. The same is true for negative thoughts and attitudes. Ive always said this. Stay positive, no matter what. You reap what you sow.
8. Working out is not just about the exercises you do at the gym.
Get outside and exercise. Its cold now, but there are lots of things to do. Snowboarding, ice skating. Find something you enjoy and get out there and do it.
9. Find some sort of social support system. A friend or a group of friends with a common goal will almost always succeed.
Telling someone, or going on the health journey with someone holds you accountable to them. Accountability is key. Exercising with a friend is even better as you have someone that will push you more than you would push yourself. I see this when I train people together in pairs or groups. There starts to be a mini competition.
Enjoy these tips. Hopefully you will use at least some of them.