Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Turkey Day!!

Here comes Turkey Day!! This is my favorite holiday of the year, mostly because I get to eat, eat, eat. Oh and watch football all day.
The best part is the leftovers where i can create awesome turkey/cranberry/gravy sandwiches. Actually I look forward to that more than anything.

Unfortunately this year I also have to sit through an ugly Jet/Patriot game at night. At least Gronkowski is out but seriously, what is wrong with the Jets.

Now I know most people will be shocked that I enjoy my Thanksgiving dinner and splurge.

"But you're a personal trainer! Shouldn't you be watching what you're eating and controlling yourself."

Yea but I'm also human. And seriously, one day of splurging isn't going to kill me. Or you. And I'm not suggesting getting so stuffed that you pop a button, need to undo your belt, or can't move, but don't stress about it. People get too worked up about "surviving the holidays," that they forget what the holidays are all about...
Spending time with family and friends and celebrating the last year!
Especially on Thanksgiving (another "what I'm thankful for" post coming soon).

Now what I do want you to do is work your butt off all week leading up to it, and then right after, on "Black Friday" you should be back on track in terms of training program and diet. Hit the gym hard, not the sales. The best thing you can do is to get in a hard, solid workout the next day so that you don't slide back into bad habits.
Black Friday should be a day not for shopping and getting 50% off things you probably don't need, but for getting in another intense workout to get back on track right away. The longer you go after splurging, the harder it'll be to get back on track and on your program.

Thanksgiving is all about sharing the past year with family and celebrating, not stressing about what to eat. Do yourself a favor, relax and enjoy the company you are with.

And GO JETS!


Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment