Sunday, January 26, 2014

Motivational Monday


A year from now you will wish you had started today.
-Karen Lamb

Have you ever set a goal for yourself, only to struggle through the journey, and then you end up either giving up, or getting frustrated?  It's easy to get frustrated, its easy to lose faith, but you have to keep grinding.  Pushing off dreams and goals for another time is only going to result in you achieving nothing.  Whether its working out, or eating healthy, or whatever, set a goal and then get after it!!
Don't hold back, don't procrastinate. 

Tomorrow doesn't exist. 
Start now, start today. 
What is it you want to achieve this year?  I know for myself, its two separate but equal things.  I want to be able to take AMP to that next level, and I want to step up my presenting/writing game.  I know I have to start today, because if I put it off one day, then who knows, maybe I put it off a week, a month, and by then I've accomplished nothing.  Which is why I joined The Unattainable Life group.  It holds me accountable each and every day.  My deadline is every day.  Every day I have to put in work or I don't hit my goal. 
Bringing AMP to a new level is always in progress.  But this year, I want to push new programming, I want it to grow.  Each month it will involve hitting certain milestones, certain goals. 
As for the presenting & writing, Massapequa Life just published an article for January, with February and March to follow.  That's a great first step for me. 

Accountability
Find something or someone that will hold you accountable to your goal.  Something that will force you to act, or suffer some consequence.  Like my Unattainable Life Group.  Find some sort of contest, or race, or competition to push you.  Like I said, we all need to be pushed!!
Deadlines?
Ever cram the night before a test, or wait till the night before a big project is due to finish or even start it?  It's that sense of urgency, that need to hit a deadline that pushes us forward, that makes us strap down and finish exactly what we need to finish.  Deadlines help position yourself to succeed, because that final date is always staring back at you.  It forces you to prioritize and plan.  Otherwise, you will let things slide…you will keep putting off the workout, and insisting that tomorrow you will start eating better.  We need to be pushed. 

Without a deadline,
you'd never start.

What are you waiting for?  Set your goal now, and get after it!!




No comments:

Post a Comment