Thursday, April 4, 2013

Fitness Friday




Nutrition on the road-  Sometimes its hard to find healthy things to eat while you are on the road and in and out of hotels.  Here are some tips to help.


Awesome Shirts-  I saw a story on these and I thought they were really cool.  I would love to get my hands on one of these just to see if it works, and also to be able to tell what areas of my body are working. 


Kettlebells are awesome-  You all know this.   Experts at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse’s Department of Exercise and Sport Science put kettlebells to the test.
*find a trainer that has actually learned how to use kettlebells, not one that used YouTube.



With the awesomeness of kettlebells from the last article I give you a kettlebell workout for the weekend.
Everything is performed with a single arm.  Go through the circuit on one side first, then other side

KB Swing x 20
KB Squat Press x 10
KB Reverse Lunge x 10 (KB on same side as stepping leg)
KB Row x 10
KB Walking Lunge x 20 (try overheard carry for an added challenge)

Go through the circuit 3 times on each side for a total of 6 rounds

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment