Tuesday, January 15, 2013

How are you January goals going?

So we're halfway through January, and if you remember, I posted about making a list of things to get done in January as a goal setting exercise.
Do you have your list? Have you crossed anything off it?

At the halfway point of January, I've accomplished quite a few things off my list.

My biggest thing for January was getting to bed before 11pm so that I would be more rested and not up as late. So far Ive been able to accomplish this at least 3 times each week, which is a lot better than where I was before then. I have an addiction to the Daily Show, but Ive learned to DVR it, or just watch it the next day when it repeats.

I did visit my friend in CT, which was awesome. Sometimes you forget how much fun it is to just hang out and spend time with the people that are most important to you. And as always it was great to watch our sons interact with each other, even though they are only 7 months old. I definitely want to make a point of going more often.

Filing papers is always such a hassle. I used to be really good at this with pay stubs and bills. I was very organized. Somewhere along the way I became disorganized. I'm really trying to get into better habits.

Thanks to my rumble roller, I've been foam rolling more often. At least 3 days a week. This is sure to keep me loose and moving well without a lot of aches and pains.

This goes hand in hand with my goal of working out 16 times this month. I'm a little off my pace for that, but I'm going to try my best to get there. And if i don't, i wont be discouraged, I wont see it as a fail, but as an opportunity to do better in February. Gotta stay positive.

One of my most important goals was to be present. Not screwing around on my phone or on the computer when I'm home. Unless of course I have serious work to do, and I have a few projects that I'm working on, and as important as those are, family time is more important. I always work and I have time to work on those projects in between clients. Ive started to keep a little note pad with me to jot down ideas from time to time, or Ill type it on my iphone really quick too.

Those are just some of the things Ive gotten done this month. I have a bunch of others that I am still working on, that i hope to get done before the month is over.

How are you doing with your goals this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment